Friday, March 14, 2014

HELP OTHERS GET THE RUNNER'S HIGH

I have signed up for two half marathons in 2014 to raise funds for RUNWELL. I will be running the Dexter Ann Arbor Half Marathon on June 1st, and then the Run Woodstock Half Marathon on September 6th. Or, another way to think of it, I will be running a full marathon that will take me 3 months and a week to complete.


My RUNWELL Gear
Runwell is an organization whose purpose is close to my heart. The organization raises funds for addiction treatment and raises awareness of the role a running lifestyle can provide for those in recovery. CHECK OUT MY DONOR PAGE HERE

In my 21 years of my sobriety, Running has provided me with incredible natural highs, a great sense of accomplishment, and has been an essential asset to my own recovery. Keeping that to myself just doesn't seem right. Not only that, but substance abuse treatment saved my life.

If you can donate just a dollar, that would be awesome. If you can donate ten dollars, that would be awesome times ten.

If you can donate $25 dollars, and you happen to be a writer or blogger looking for promotion or traffic, here's what else I can offer.

Bloggers: donate $25 dollars and I will post your blog link to my right sidebar, say thank you in a blog post announcing your awesomeness to the world, and tweet it out for everyone to see for digital eternity.

Writers: donate $25 dollars, and I will place the cover image of your book on my right sidebar linked to your amazon page, say thank you in a blog post, and also tweet your awesomeness into the twitterverse for eternity.

Of course, you can donate anonymously, or you can donate and have me write your name on my arm with a sharpy while I run. (no joke). Shoot me a message at xmarkm(AT)gmail to let me know you contributed, and I will get any of these rolling. 

CLICK HERE TO DONATE



1 comment:

Kathee said...

I have been doing a lot of reading about anxiety and depression and it's link to exercise or running. I think it's a great cause and I was just thinking what could I do to help. I know with me and my daughter, we both have horrible anxiety attacks and we can keep them in check with frequent exercise.
Good job and congrats!

Met My Old Lover in the Grocery Store—A Dark Backstory to the Christmas Song, Same Old Lang Syne

   Met My Old Lover in the Grocery Store A dark backstory to the Christmas song,  Same Old Lang Syne , by Dan Fogelberg Acid burns in my sto...